Emipro got to the root of the real troubles of TJS and targeted a centralized ERP system for harmonizing multi-channel selling, warehouse automation, real-time inventory management, order fulfillment processes, and other areas to revivify the organization's digital operations into efficient processes.
Founded in 2009, The Jolly Savage has rapidly established itself as one of the UK’s leading surplus toner companies and OEM toners suppliers. They specialize in the purchase of unused toner products, open-box cartridges, and boxes with minor cosmetic damages from a range of businesses and industries nationwide.
compliant with all UK and EU legislation, The Jolly Savage is
authorized to collect the WEEE waste and ensures that all used toner
cartridges are properly handled and remanufactured to the highest
Challenges started leaping up in legacy system
In the initial phases of business setup, the operations were managed in the bespoke and legacy software for order management, inventory, invoicing, website, CRM, and accounting.
Gradually, the firm witnessed challenges emerging along with the upside of the business. Selling on multiple marketplaces required updating the orders, prices, and inventory data in real-time, but there was no provision for it. This disorganized the order fulfillment cycle, and resulted in backorders, overstock, understock, and sinking seller credibility on the marketplaces.
“We had to frequently operate with limited ability to connect sales channels and data. Our applications were in a siloed fashion, and they cannot keep up with increasing business needs. Our detailed assessment of systems and processes ended up at Emipro and they recommended Odoo for the platform’s unsurpassed agility and flexibility.”
- Leon Jolly
- Maintaining the company operations in separate systems and extracting data manually for analytical purposes resulted in eating up time and demanded more workforce than needed.
- Reporting took a lot of time to manually gather from different systems and that too, accuracy level was low.
- No automation or scanning workflow in the warehouse made it difficult to track products in the warehouse with a lot of manual work. Items were often mispicked or lost due to this mismanagement.
- TJS is also into B2B selling, but they had no dedicated website or software to manage wholesale orders, ordering & fulfillment processes from its suppliers. The only channels to accept the orders were emails, phone calls, and other direct contact points. Despite investing so much time and effort in this manual process, the lack of a dedicated B2B system persisted.
Solutions that changed the scenario
selling was not less than a nightmare for us, specifically not updating
inventory and pricing details in real-time on some marketplaces got our
account and products shadow-banned. Our sales from that channel dropped
to 1/4th, resulting in an exorbitant loss. The real-time
synchronization with Odoo ERP played the key part to put everything back
at its place."
- Leon Jolly
Interconnected and Improved Business Processes
- To achieve TJS’s bold multi-channel vision, Emipro orchestrated all the marketplace channels namely Amazon, eBay, Prima, Horizon, and the custom-developed B2B portal with a centralized Odoo ERP business solution in control of everything:
- Seamless Automation: Order import, Stock synchronization, Price update, Invoice emails, Inventory adjustment report, VCS report, and such other critical/massive areas were automated to perform the operations with the least manual intervention.
- Order Processing & Fulfillment: Our integration allows TJS to unify the orders across all sales channels into Odoo & fulfill them with ease. The shipment tracking information can be sent to customers right from Odoo.
- Stock Synchronization: We set up automatic synchronization of stock levels between Odoo and the marketplaces so that all the sales channels get updated inreal-time with accurate stock levels, thereafter avoiding issues of overselling or backorders.
- Catalog Management: Conjoining Odoo with all sales channels also resulted in easy and accurate catalog management including product variants, pricing, images, categories, etc. Mapping products on Amazon or other marketplaces now have been effortless to a greater extent.
- Settlement Report Processing: The Odoo integration facilitated TJS to bring all payments, expenses & commissions from Amazon to Odoo just by downloading the Settlement Report in Odoo and processing & reconciling it to match up with their accounting.
- Order Cancellation: With the new Odoo system, an accurate track of order cancellations is maintained by Leon Jolly’s team. Order cancellations can be fetched from marketplaces to Odoo and also performed from Odoo to marketplaces as and when required.
- Invoicing and Refunds: The accounting hassles were eased with our Odoo system. The invoices can be sent and managed directly from Odoo for the marketplace orders. Odoo can keep a track of refund requests & process refunds of the marketplace orders from Odoo.
- Emipro developed a custom portal on the Odoo eCommerce platform to smoothly operate the B2B business requirements. The eCommerce B2B portal is facilitated with real-time updates of suppliers’ stock on the website. As TJS uses dropshipping for its B2B business, it is mandatory to display the supplier’s stock directly on the portal to promptly update the buyers for product availability.
- The need for accurate stock valuation was overcome by customizing the existing valuation methodology, which was not capable of getting a real-time valuation in all aspects. The valuation of 66000+ products in the warehouse can now be done accurately within a few seconds.
- The development of barcode scanning workflow and software
automation in the warehouse put a full stop to all the warehouse-related
clutter. We incorporated easy scanning of the product labels, which
promptly shows all the details of the product upon scanning. Not only
that, the track history of which user placed which product at which
shelf or pallets is available now at their fingertips. The batch pick
& pack process is done very quickly and accurately. Even when any
product is missing or lost, the system labels it appropriately and
reflects it at the related places like the inventory reports, the stock
valuation, and loss notes in accounting. Warehouse management is eased
and deepened to such a long way.
Value-driven revolution with Odoo
When digital operations bring relief to real-life business procedures, that is called transformation in the real sense. The strategic ERP implementation lessened the use of manual management in TJS’s multi-channel order fulfillment and overall business areas. Integration across different sites requires a lot of upfront effort and intricacy - but it pays off in the long run.
- Connecting all eCommerce marketplaces and a custom B2B site with Odoo ERP simplified redundant processes and presented information from different channels in a unified way.
- The integrated ERP business model proved to be the only solution for TJS to give its people the power to engage, manage and collaborate day to day tasks more efficiently.
With Odoo, Jolly Savage can easily manage more than 66000 SKUs.
- Now the organization continues to charge ahead with building its digital capability and internal operations, skipping over time-consuming manual tasks by providing a transformed user experience.
- The organization’s management has now come together to focus on future opportunities and developments, contingency plans with data insights from ERP informing new strategies for success.
- One of the biggest gains of real-time inventory management is sending the right information at the right place at the right time — and thus boosting value.
- The key impact of the integrated system is that all the redefined processes are now time-saving, with negligible manual efforts than they used to do before.
- The order processing is done at a drastic speed, for which earlier they had to do heavy efforts and still not complete the targeted packaging. The best part is that batch processing orders now need very few people in the warehouse due to the huge cutoff in manual efforts and the resilient Odoo system.
decrease in average order processing time
with the help of Odoo eCommerce made it very easy to manage the B2B
phase of the business. The Odoo B2B portal now totally saves time with
the inventory and price being managed in real-time.
The human workforce they used to occupy for manually accepting orders via phone calls and emails is now allocated for business mitigation planning, expansion, and other key development areas.
- Over and above this, the ultimate positive impacts include:
- Fastened up and accurate bank reconciliation process
- Faster close and release of monthly financials
- Reduced ambiguity throughout operations
- Development of an outdated accounting system
- Efficient communications throughout multi-channel order fulfillment chain
- A much more collaborative workforce
I would definitely recommend Emipro and the Odoo platform to businesses large or small. The combination of Odoo, a very intuitive and complete ERP, with the ability to adapt it to suit your exact business needs is a very powerful thing. The team at Emipro has been professional throughout. All work has been completed to a very high standard. Not every element worked the first time around but Emipro was quick to make any necessary updates. The depth of knowledge within the Emipro team is very good - Odoo, accounting, eCommerce - they covered all bases.