Senior Odoo Developer
Number of Vacancies: 10
Experience: 2-5 Years
Qualification: BE, MCA, B.Tech, Msc IT
Location: Rajkot, Gujarat.
We are looking for a strong technocrat as Senior Odoo Developer, who will be responsible for developing, implementing, customizing, and integrating Odoo ERP business applications with other systems, and providing ongoing support and future enrichment of those solutions to support business processes and functions. You'll be required to apply your depth of Odoo Framework, programming knowledge, and expertise to all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle, propose the best technical solution by understanding business requirements from a techno-functional aspect, and partner continuously with Emipro's stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of Emipro's enterprise customers globally.
- Carrying out Odoo development activities for Customization, Code Migration, Data Migration & Import, Generating BI Reports, Output Documents, Functional Test/User Acceptance Test, Automation Test & Unit Test.
- Analyze and clarify functional specifications, write technical specifications, design technical structure of the solution, and implement business logic.
- Work closely or in coordination with Technical Lead as needed to plan, scope, design, develop, test, implement, support, and enhance Business applications and it's features/solutions.
- Understanding the requirements and participating in project planning by giving an estimation of the work to Technical Lead.
- Application development using Odoo framework & components.
- Bug fixing, performance optimization, production support.
- Be part of Sprint meetings to discuss project development progress/challenges/scope etc and also assist the ERP Technical Lead for preparing the Sprint report.
- Make sure to follow the prescribed coding and development best practices to give high-quality output as per the requirement.
- Adherence to the latest development methods like continuous deployment & integration.
- Contribution to Odoo open-source projects, participation in Odoo technical community discussions, online forums, or interest groups.
- Assess the impact of potential changes/customizations in Odoo’s core business apps, implement solutions to mitigate negative outcomes.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, algorithms, data-flow diagrams, layouts, user-flow diagrams, charts, code comments, and keeping code clean, readable, and optimized.
- Must possess a strong learning curve and should be willing to keep themselves abreast and continuously updating their job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, latest cloud services, modern programming/technical concepts for personal upscaling and in turn meeting organisational needs as well.
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Must have sound knowledge of Odoo MVC architecture.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in developing & configuring Odoo applications/modules in the areas of Sales, Purchase, Delivery, Accounting, eCommerce, Qweb Reporting, etc.
- Must be aware of Odoo's latest version and ORM API.
- Must be aware of Odoo Enterprise solutions.
- Must have knowledge about popular open-source IDE such as Eclipse or PyCharm.
- Must be aware of Odoo App store and popular third-party module authors such as OCA.
- Must have code optimization skills and proactively look for ways to make the architecture, code, and operations better.
- Must have experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Readiness to learn a new language and frameworks.
- Must be a self-starter & be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Hands-on experience in Linux/Unix development environments is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems like GIT, Bitbucket, etc including branching and merging.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgement and independent decision-making regarding the viability of ERP solutions and abstract concepts.
- Experience in writing SQL queries for PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Odoo installation
- Knowledge of odoo.sh
- Knowledge of Odoo POS modules.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of Internet technologies like SSH/SFTP/FTP, Linux/UNIX shell scripting (eg. bash)
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles, web-services, RESTFul APIs, and design patterns.
- Understanding of Cloud services like SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service)